You’ve Been In an Accident, Now What?

What should I do if I’m in an auto accident?

If you are injured, get medical attention immediately.

You should also make sure that you get the other driver’s name, address, and insurance information.

Finally as soon as you can you should also notify your insurance company of the accident, even if you have not been injured or you are not at fault.

If you are injured, contact an attorney for advice.  AT RADCLIFFE LAW, THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THE INITIAL CONSULTATION.

Do not sign any document until you understand what it is and the reason you are required to sign it.  Do not give any statements, other than to the police at the scene, until you speak to an attorney.

What if the other insurance company offers to pay for the damages to my car?

Provided you are satisfied that the payment is a fair one, you may accept such payment as long as it is clear you are not giving up your right to make a claim for any personal injuries you or your family suffered.  If you have questions about that, contact the attorneys at Radcliffe Law before you accept the check.

What if I am injured and the other driver doesn’t have any insurance or enough insurance?

Under Pennsylvania law, you have the right to purchase uninsured or underinsured motor coverage from your carrier.  Assuming you purchased that coverage, you can obtain compensation due to the carelessness of another driver who was uninsured or underinsured.

If I rejected uninsured or underinsured coverage on my policy, can I still recover benefits if the other driver doesn’t have any insurance or enough insurance?

Sometimes, your policy may show that you rejected uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, but the form you signed may not comply with Pennsylvania law.  When you have questions about this, contact the attorneys at Radcliffe Law.  They have recovered uninsured and underinsured benefits for hundreds of injured persons who rejected such coverage.

How much do you charge for handling my personal injury case?

At Radcliffe Law, we do not charge you a fee unless we obtain compensation for you.  Therefore, if you are unsuccessful in your claim, there will be no attorney fee.

Why should I select Radcliffe Law as my attorneys?

In our profession, experience counts.  Radcliffe Law has tried as many or more personal injury cases than most other attorneys in southwestern Pennsylvania.

Follow by Email